Role: Senior Data Scientist
Location: Dublin - remote with travel to office twice a month
Salary: 80-90K DOE
We have an INCREDIBLE opportunity for an enthusiastic Senior Data Scientis to join a family-owned document and information management company.
This is a senior role reporting to the Head of Engineering and have a dotted line to the COO and is responsible for the continued development of an existing models in prototype status in the business. The software is a full Microsoft Stack (MVC, C#, JQuery, EF, SQL Server).
- Use analytics, statistical software, and database technologies such as Python, SQL, R, Spark, Hadoop and others to analyse, review and interpret complex data
- Uses a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Build and maintain production-ready machine-learning models
- Identify drivers of patterns/behaviors uncovered in data
- Engage with subject-matter experts to explore business problems and design solutions
- Present analysis and interpretation for operational and business review and planning
- Support short and long term operational/strategic business activities through analysis
- Develop recommended business solutions through research and analysis of data and business process and implement when appropriate
- Ensure on time delivery of solution test and build. Oversee the resolution of major technical issues.
- Support the strategy for business improvements using best in class technology.
- Create overall technology standards and practices and ensure best practice development processes are followed (Code documentation, peer reviews, unit testing etc).
- Track, analyse and monitor all delivery performance metrics.
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture.
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape and implement a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work closely with Business Development and Operations to define and deliver new products and enhancements.
- Degree in Analytics, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Engineering, etc with a significant quantitative aspect
- Track record of developing machine learning models
- Well-rounded data science skill set – eg exploratory data analysis, feature engineering, fitting, tuning, evaluating and comparing models etc
- Experience with common open source ML libraries – especially with Python or R
- Ability to communicate effectively to clients and the business in writing and verbally
- A passion for problem solving using data and analytics
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with Spark/PySpark
- Experience in at least one data visualization tool for displaying and exploring analytic results such as Plotly, R Shiny, Matplotlib or similar