Role: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Bristol, Plymouth or Edinburgh
Term: Hybrid 2/3 days a week in the office
Salary: 80-90K DOE
Ingenio have an amazing opportunity for a Sr Software Engineer to join a fast paced SaaS business in the digital learning space. From international organisations focused on global change to companies whose products you probably use every day, they design learning applications that are effective, engaging and focused on making a difference to the lives of all their learners.
The software team are at the start of an exciting journey, adopting Agile scrum to deliver applications using AWS’s cloud. There will be a mixture of maintaining and enhancing their existing products as well as the opportunity to work on brand new products.
Python is their primary backend language, with systems running Django and FastAPI, as well as serverless code on AWS Lambda.
The exact stack varies from product to product, but will usually involve Postgres, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, etc. They are starting to increase the use of CI/CD pipelines, along with the necessary test automation.
Technologies they work with:
- Python, using frameworks including Django and FastAPI
- Cloud computing providers (AWS/GCP) and how to leverage their functionality and features
- Code repos (git, GitHub)
- Docker, Kubernetes
- Linux (Debian/Alpine preferable)
- Build pipelines (GitHub Actions)
We’re looking for people who have experience with:
- At least 4 years of proven experience as a Python developer
- Django, Flask or similar frameworks
- Continuous integration and deployment tools and techniques
- Designing, planning and leading development on sets of related stories
- Writing clean, testable, maintainable code
- Designing and development of RESTFul APIs
- Performance tuning and optimisation
- Designing and using relational databases to store and query complex data
- Handling large datasets and designing for scalability
- Finding ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability