Role: PHP Developer
Location: Bristol, Plymouth or Edinburgh
Term: Hybrid 2/3 days a week in the office
Salary: 45-50K DOE
Ingenio have an amazing opportunity for a PHP Dev to join a fast paced SaaS business in the digital learning space. From international organisations focused on global change to companies whose products you probably use every day, they design learning applications that are effective, engaging and focused on making a difference to the lives of all their learners.
Role and responsibilities
As a PHP Developer you’re responsible for the middleware between the front-end apps and back-end APIs. We’re using a PHP based headless CMS called Craft CMS developing applications used in our eLearning products. Other responsibilities of the role include:
- Working with Front End Developers to develop applications.
- Working with Back End Developers to integrate RESTful APIs.
- Design, build, test and deploy modern PHP applications.
- Troubleshoot and optimise applications.
- MySQL/MariaDB and PostgreSQL databases.
- Creating and maintaining application documentation.
- Writing automation tests.
- Working in a cross-functional agile Scrum team.
Experience and qualifications
- Preferably a bachelor's degree in engineering or science, but we will consider other degrees for the right candidate.
- Experienced in building websites and applications using Craft CMS.
- At least 3+ years of PHP7 application development and associated frameworks (e.g. Symphony, Laravel, CodeIgniter, CakePHP).
- Knowledge of building or maintaining CMSs, preferably headless.
- Familiarity with SQL databases, preferably PostgreSQL.
- Security best practice.
- B2C or B2B product development.
- Experienced with Agile software development.